Fire danger is ACUTE due to the low humidity conditions. This is common to all buildings in the snowy mountains.
Muniong meets the highest standard of fire protection, however whilst this does not prevent fire or guarantee personal safety – it does provide extra time for action.
You could be required to vacate the lodge in total darkness and adverse weather conditions.
- SMOKING IS FORBIDDEN ANYWHERE INSIDE THE LODGE BUILDING
- All occupants need to attend the Managers fire familiarisation briefings, usually held on Sunday and Friday evenings. Attendance is compulsory.
- Report and equipment failures or fire hazards to the Managers.
- Be aware of location and operation of all fire alarms, hoses, fire extinguishers, and exists for all areas of the lodge.
- Be aware of the fire alarm – it is never tested without prior warning.
IN CASE OF FIRE
- Warn other occupants immediately – loudly and continuously.
- Use fire equipment immediately – if in any doubt as to your capacity to control an outbreak, concentrate on the safety of occupants.
- First priority – save yourself and other occupants.
- Put on footwear and take a blanket – forget the rest.
- Assist other occupants in evacuation.
- Evacuees are to assemble on the road in front of the lodge.
- Do not leave the vicinity until all occupants are accounted for.